As a Christian family we provide a challenging, fun and caring learning environment for children to achieve their own potential.
We achieve this through:-
- excellence in learning and teaching
- nurturing children to grow spiritually
- encouraging respect and tolerance within our school and the wider community
- establishing a good foundation for life ahead
- being a school where children, parents and staff feel safe and happy
- supporting children to make informed choices about their wellbeing
- To work together to create a happy, warm, welcoming, safe and caring environment.
- To set and achieve the highest possible standards of behaviour, courtesy, work and care by always giving our best and providing opportunities for all pupils to reach their potential.
- To encourage and foster close links with the community of our Mother Church, St. Mary’s and the wider community.
- To acknowledge, value and develop the major role of parents in the education of their children.
- To deliver a wide-ranging, stimulating and challenging curriculum, helping children to develop enquiring minds and independence in learning.
- To ensure that from our Christian values and beliefs spring compassion, respect, tolerance, support and concern for others which prepares our children for life in a wider society.
- To be approachable and inspire confidence in everyone who is part of the family of St. Mary’s by valuing their contribution.
- To develop the core curriculum areas in order that National Curriculum test and task results meet our agreed targets.
- To provide pupils with high quality teaching in order to achieve high quality learning by means of a broad, balanced curriculum.
- To develop in each child a sense of self-worth and a positive self-image - as a foundation for effective learning.
- To raise the expectations of all (pupils, staff, parents) to strive for excellence.
- To provide a high quality, well organised and resourced learning environment.
- To support school improvement by effective management in terms of finance, curriculum, resources, administration and personnel.